Me at the Kennedy Space Center, with a very serious Wally Schirra (A member of the Mercury 7)
I graduated from Western Washington University March 2015 with a BS in CS and a minor in math. For the past 5 years I worked as a Senior Software Engineer, connecting up databases to the web, arguing over best long-term architectural decisions, and whatever else they needed me to do. Currently working as a freelance developer, living in beautiful Minneapolis, MN.
In my spare time, I play with infosec, reverse engineering, learning Japanese, and whatever else catches my fancy.
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science with a Minor in Mathematics
- from Western Washington University. Graduated March 2015 with 3.5 GPA
Attended multiple Webinars by Wild West Hackin’ Cast
- Intro to OT(Operational Technology) 1 hour webinar
- Intro to Linux Forensics Logs 1 hour webinar
- SOC Core Skills 16 hour webinar
- Programmed an ATmega328p from an Arduino Uno, without using the Arduino ecosystem
- Did some intro reverse engineering of a modem
- Created an interactive game of life with a neotrellis
- Took apart a printer and replaced a nintendo switch joystick
- Completed Udemy course on Unit testing and the Unity framework, written by the authors of Throw the Switch, a community that “wants to unleash the awesomely flexible power of C on our Embedded Systems without fearing the dangers”
Freelance Software Developer
2020 to present
Currently working with individual clients and non-profits to develop custom websites and applications to support their businesses. I do web development and hosting work to create stable, simple solutions that do what my clients want, to enable them to keep their businesses working.
Senior Software Engineer
- building out a more automated build process for SPIE’s websites
- Sole developer importing 500,000 XML files generated by hand over 20 years into a relational database
- wrote powershell scripts for automatically setting up dev VMs, refactored to be used for dev, test, and multiple VM environments
- developed and organized Confluence documentation to help on-boarding and knowledge transfer
- Member of interview team for other senior software engineers
- created take home project for senior, junior, and intern software engineer interviewees
- sole developer for initial refactor of business layer code to support new digital library clients
from January 2015 to 2018
- Full time initial dev for new Digital Library website, https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org
- Full stack developer for SPIE.org using C#, Razor, HTML, Jquery
- Data Layer DLL connecting with multiple SQL databases
- Develop plugins, workflows, web resources for Dynamic CRM using C#
- Set up ELK stack using Docker and VMs to push for Logging Visualization system
- Created and leading team to improve the software development lifecycle at SPIE via automation towards CI, CD, logging visualization and other process improvements.
- Create powershell scripts for managing data normalization